Advancement in technology has made it easier for many people to study sleep. Now, you can study sleep in the home or at the lab. One of the amazing benefits is that people can now get tested for sleep disorders. However, there are a few limitations to home sleep study Sugar Land TX when compared to the lab.
Home Sleep Studies
Home sleep studies are for the most part not supervised by experts. Simply put, the patient gets delivery of the equipment, and then they take full responsibility for whatever outcome that emanates from the result. The patient uses and takes it off himself. In some instances, a technician will be assigned to help you apply the equipment which will be used all night long, and they take it off in the morning. Depending on the arrangement, the technical expert can return in the morning to get it off securely. Home sleep study Sugar Land TX check the following parameters
- Breathing level
- Heart rate
- Oxygen level
- Sleep position
- How often you wake up
If you are having sleep apnea, home sleep study Sugar Land TX can be a perfect diagnostic tool.
In lab testing, you are under professional supervision all through the night. You will get professional attention if something unusual happens. For instance, if one of the wires become dislodge, rest assured that it will be fixed as quickly as possible. No need to run the study again because an expert is on hand to answer any questions that you might have.
One of the amazing benefits of lab testing is that you will get a quick response if you encounter any significant health issue while sleeping. More so, you qualify for a specific kind of testing known as a split night or combination study. This testing method diagnoses and treats your sleep disorder immediately. You don’t have to wait any longer for treatment. Also, you will be checked for other significant health issues.
Getting the Most from your Home Sleep Study
There are a few tips to make home sleeps study Sugar Land TX a lot more pleasant and amazing.
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with the lab before scheduling an appointment. This way, you know what to expect. If you don’t feel comfortable, you can opt for another facility or discuss other options with your doctor.
- Always wear comfortable nightwear. Many labs keep room temperature at optimal level. However, you should pack sleep clothes that make you feel comfortable.
- Don’t forget your pillow or blanket. These items as odd as it might sound makes you feel more at home. Many people feel more relaxed and comfortable using their own pillows or blanket.
- Read through the fine prints carefully. Each facility has its own unique requirement so be sure to read it carefully.
- Speak to your physician if you are having difficulty sleeping. Most facilities will prescribe a sleep aid that can help you fall asleep.
Just as with every other thing, sleep study can be stressful if you fail to prepare. Following these few tips can enhance the experience.
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.